I was sick last weekend! It sucked. Which is why there was no Friday 5 last week. There is one this week, though. This is it, in case you were wondering.
1. Listening to… anything and everything by Jess Glynne. I was introduced to her by “The Daily Show” and before her second song was over I had bought and downloaded her album “I Cry When I Laugh”. It is fucking amazing. This is the first song she performed for Trevor Noah, and it is my everything right now.
2. Watching… “The X-Files”, obviously. I have some thoughts about it. These thoughts are due to be filmed in a Topless Critic video tomorrow.
3. Reading… “The Game of Our Lives” by Peter Gzowski. Yes, still. I have been slightly slow reading it because I “lost” it for 2 days. Turns out I had put it in the freezer. I have a terrible tendency to walk around my house reading while I try to do other things, and when I took the chicken out for dinner I put my book down. In the freezer.
4. Drinking… less beer than usual. Oddly enough, this week I drank exactly no beer. I did drink some wonderful pinot grigio from Naked Grape. I am partial to Naked Grape wines because they come in boxes (stays fresh longer than a partial bottle), are affordable (booze in Canada can be pricey), and also because they don’t oak their wines. That list sounded like I like them because I drink a lot and they are cheap, which is somewhat true, but no oak matters more than you think. I like a light, crisp, slightly fruitier white wine, and I find that without the slight masking of oak, that light citrus taste to the pinot grigio comes out really nicely. So if you want a decent bottle (or box) of white wine, Naked Grape.
5. Trying… to be just as fucking awesome as I was last week. Mostly succeeding.